AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 8/25/2024
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Sunday funday AAR. No tournament today. We about 6 players short for that. And not everyone can play hours of ball on end like I used to and our sand converts still do.

But the AWVP way is inspiration, perseverance, a little butterscotch ripple, and a couple extra ropes. We make do with what we have and make it fun.

So we’re coming up with some specs in doing short court that involves counting bricks (how many bricks is that in meters? Dunno).

So we drew the back line for 2s at 5 bricks past the net, extended it one brick for 3s, and I would figure for 4s you would just cut off the last 2 bricks at the back. These are suggestions, depending on personnel.

And yeah, some pandas were hanging back because this is new and probably lame. Yes it’s new (but not to me) but it’s not lame.

Instead, it’s a different game. Placement over power, emphasis on covering ground and teamwork. And spikes can happen, they’re just a little harder to achieve.

So todays 2s matchup was creepy Kreg vs Erin Chief. Me and creepy have some rusty decade old experience with 2s from old Argosy (for shits and giggles look up the old Argosy length dimensions as a model to set up short court) I think for Kreg and Erin first time.

Was it a blowout? Nope. Close actually. Me and Erin lost like 15-13.

Short court is a different nuanced game. And not lame, because I’m told Dallas is building 2s and 4s pools. So qed if Dallas does it.

I won 2 games all weekend. 1 yesterday, one today. But I do want it to be known that I and still one of the hardest working men I show business. Jarrod gets the covered 0-fer this weekend. But he did get to start power left front both days.

Well, so it goes. And some days are better than others. What I really like about this group is not the interminable waiting between games, or distracted pandas. It’s the creativity. Reno wins on that front today. Dan hopefully has the photo of him fully embracing his team penguin identity from his championship performance yesterday.

Notables from todays games. Kreg played great today. One of the best performances I’ve seen from him.

This may be Kyle’s first appearance in the AAR. He served well and got the ball up when he was in the back row.

Breylin is developing a heater serve. Probably learned it from Ram. Some people say Breylin is the spotter for Ram in the gym when Ram is doing his power lifting.

So there you have it. We learned some things, has some laughs. So another successful day at the office : )

I’ve asked for a Dallas tourney update for today. Be sure to salute the conquering heroes when you see them again.